The last day of term is Thursday 4th April. We will then be on Easter break. This will be for 3 weeks as Mr Thompson is away with the national team at the World Championships so all classes start back week beginning 29th April. Adult classes continue through the holiday period.
On the 17th March the All England Taekwon-Do Association hosted the first league competition of the year in Redhill, Surrey. It was the biggest one so far with 240 competitors. It was a great opportunity for those who have not competed before to learn the ropes in a fun, friendly environment.
Tunbridge Wells did very well, finishing 4th in the medal table. Thanks to Mr Thompson and Mrs Sweeney for refereeing all day and to Donna, Matilda and Amelia for coaching. Next up, Alton 23rd June.
- 1st Dec – Colour belt grading (TWells)
- 5th Dec – Xmas Curry
- 13th Dec – End of term
- 17th and 20th Dec – Adults classes
- 24th, 27th and 31st Dec – no classes
- 3rd Jan – Adults class
- 7th Jan – Term starts
- 19th Jan – Brendan Doogan Power and Spec Tech Seminar (Tonbridge)
- 26th Jan – Open Dutch (Netherlands)
- 16th Feb – PUMA Open (Swindon)
- 18th Feb – Half Term
This will be on Tuesday’s at the Tunbridge Wells Sports Centre at 6.30pm.
Spaces will be limited to get in touch to book your 4 week trial now.
Great turn out and some excellent performances at the colour belt grading in Tunbridge Wells.
We had great fun at the St Marks school fair. Well done to the demo team for a great display.
Several exciting plans coming up in June and July:
- June 9th – all classes at the sports centre
- June 13th – classes normally at St Greg’s are going to be outside on the Tunbridge Wells common, weather permitting. 6.30pm all kids, 7.30pm adults.
- June 23rd – TW TKD 5th birthday
- July 2nd – Demo at St Mark’s school
- July 3rd – Grading at TW Sports Centre
- July 17th – Vision competition in Redhill
- July 21st – End of term
It will be at a different location to the usual grading, this time it will be at the TW Sports Centre on St John’s road.
3-6 years at 10.45pm
- 12.30 pm for white belts and yellow tags
- 2 pm for yellow belts and green tags
- 3 pm for green belts and above