On 25h January Mr Thompson took 3 colour belts from the club to their first ever International competition – the Open Dutch!!! This is an elite level competition where the best in the world are getting ready for the upcoming World Championships.
The girls did not come away with any medals but they gained a ton of experience that will hopefully help them at the PUMA and Holland Cup competitions later this year.
Well done to Donna, Lucy and Jessica – Tunbridge Wells Taekwon-Do’s first competitors to go overseas!
Photos from the December grading courtesy of Donna Rye.
- 1st Dec – Colour belt grading (TWells)
- 5th Dec – Xmas Curry
- 13th Dec – End of term
- 17th and 20th Dec – Adults classes
- 24th, 27th and 31st Dec – no classes
- 3rd Jan – Adults class
- 7th Jan – Term starts
- 19th Jan – Brendan Doogan Power and Spec Tech Seminar (Tonbridge)
- 26th Jan – Open Dutch (Netherlands)
- 16th Feb – PUMA Open (Swindon)
- 18th Feb – Half Term
New term starts on Monday 10th September.
No class Thursday 27th Sept at St Gregory’s
Half term is 22nd Oct
ITF England Championships 28th October
Vision Competition Tonbridge 4th November
Open British Competition 24th November
End of term is 13th Dec.
Photos from the gradings in June and July (courtesy of Lydia Thompson)
Blue belt grading is at Tunbridge Wells sports centre on st Johns road, 10.30am 1st July
Grading times for Saturday 23rd June at the Tunbridge Wells Sports Centre
- 3-6 years 9.45am
- White belts and yellow tags – 11.30am
- Yellow belts and green tags – 1pm
- Green belts and blue tags – 2.30pm
Due to children moving up an age group we have 5 spaces in the Thursday class at 4pm. Get in touch for a trial.