Here is a great article on 15 benefits of children practising the Martial Arts
There is no adults class on bank holiday Monday (28th August). There will be an adults class on Thursday.
On the 25th June Tunbridge Wells Taekwon-Do took 14 competitors to the 2nd Vision league championships of 2017 to Alton. The kids competed in 3 disciplines; patterns, sparring and special technique whilst the adults did patterns, sparring and power breaking. This was a really great competition, especially for those competing for the first time.
Well done to all the students who took part and many thanks to Mrs Budd and Mr T for refereeing all day and to all the parents that gave up their Sunday to support their children.
The next competition is much closer to home (Tonbridge!) so we hope to take a large team and move up the overall medal table.
Here are the photos of the students.
- Jack Sydenham silver in sparring, bronze in special tech
- Mike Westlake gold in patterns, gold in breaking, silver in sparring
- Dayne DeJesus silver in sparring, bronze in special tech
- Matilda Grove bronze in patterns, bronze in sparring
- Donna Rye silver in breaking
- Alex Redman silver in patterns
- Luke Forte bronze in patterns
- Jose Africa bronze in sparring
- Kate DeGuzman silver in special tech
- George Lipman gold in sparring
- Byron Richardson silver in sparring
- Jessica Wallace gold in special tech, bronze in sparring, bronze in patterns
On Thursday 22d June there will be no adults class. The kids classes will be on as normal.
Adults will go for the annual birthday curry. The clubs is 6 years old!
On the 6th May Vision Taekwon-Do hosted it’s annual seminar. Members got to attend a full day of Taekwon-Do with the Associations chief instructors. Check out the photos of the Tunbridge Wells students who attended here!
3rd, 6th, 10th and 13th April are adults classes (8pm)
No class on Monday 17th April as it is Easter Monday. Then that week Mr Thompson is away coaching the England team at the European Championships so there is only an adult class on Thursday 20th and Monday 24th April.
Kids classes start back on Tuesday 25th April. The following Monday is a bank holiday so the extra Monday will be put on in half term week.
Check out all the photos from the March gradings! Continue reading